Medical Assistant Technology
Request more information about this program or apply online today!
Medical Assistants help physicians examine and treat patients, as well as perform conventional tasks needed to keep the office
Although Medical Assistants perform both clinical and administrative tasks, the nature of their work varies from facility to facility - hospitals, clinics, and offices. Join a helping profession.
Advantages of the Medical Assistant field:
- Member of one of the fastest growing occupations
- Work in the medical environment
- Potential for advancement
- Work with the public
- Formal administrative and clinical training
The University of Northwestern Ohio's Medical Assisting program is accredited by The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Our curriculum allows students to perform administrative and clinical tasks including basic laboratory testing, drawing blood and instructing patients about medication, in the offices of physicians, chiropractors, and medical specialists.
Our 18-month program in Medical Assisting consists of a wide spectrum of courses, which cover:
- Medical Terminology
- Insurance Processing
- Medical Coding
- Medical Law and Ethics
* Students in the Medical Assisting Program are required to undergo a criminal background check and provide proof of certain required immunizations prior to entering the externship phase of the program.